Hosted by HSLDA GenJ
Sponsored by Providence Christian College
Students will participate in a simulation of the electoral process. At each phase of the program, students will learn how a real election works by actually participating in the presidential race and making important decisions that could make or break their campaign. The program is interactive, even getting parents and other convention attendees involved in the process.
Students will be divided into two different political parties. They will caucus, draft a party platform, elect party leadership, and nominate a candidate. Once a candidate is nominated, they will run a campaign, complete with fundraising, campaign messaging, campaign marketing, and a candidate debate. Parents and other conference attendees are involved by donating simulation money (parents will be provided with the simulation money), and by voting for their favorite candidate.
Teen Convention Registration
Teen Convention is available on Friday and Saturday for children ages 13-18. Registration is $50 for both days (single day registration is not available).
Teen Convention Guidelines
Only teens (13-18) registered for the Teen Convention are permitted in the teen workshops. At other times of the day, teens may attend Keynote sessions and visit the Exhibit Hall. CHEA will provide volunteer adult chaperones for the Teen Convention; however parents are responsible for their teen’s safety and behavior during the Convention. We recommend that parents and teens read over the Convention materials together, select workshops, and arrange meeting times and locations. In consideration of all in attendance we request teens follow these basic guidelines:
- Wear modest, casual clothing.
- Remain seated during the sessions.
- Do not loiter outside the rooms during sessions.
- Be attentive to the speaker.
- Turn cell phones to vibrate.
- Please do not use your cell phone during the sessions. If you must take a call from your parents please step outside.
- Review your program schedule with your teen so you can be found if needed.
- Have lunch together.
- Arrange to meet with your teen often during the day.
- Teens will wear one wristband for the two days (there is no one-day Teen Convention registration). This wristband will be a different color from the Family registration wristband.
- Wristbands will be included in the parents’ packet at check-in.
- No medical release is needed for Teens attending the Teen Convention