Open to California students of compulsory school attendance age (6-18 years old) who are currently being privately home educated in accordance with CHEA’s mission, we invite entries based on our convention theme “Pursue.”
Based on Romans 14:19, “Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another,” we seek to pursue understanding, encouragement, and God’s direction for our homeschool journey at the 2020 Convention.
The deadline to submit entries is November 21, 2019.
A first place winner will be selected and announced on December 16, 2019. The first place winner will receive a $100 cash prize and a Family Registration to the 2020 CHEA Convention in Anaheim.
- Art submissions must fit the theme.
- Each student (ages 6-18) may enter up to 2 pieces of art.
- Completely original artwork. While you may look at photos or other art for inspiration, you should not copy or trace them. We want to see your creativity and imagination.
- Artwork should be two dimension (flat) with a ratio of 4:3 (8″ x 6″, 16″ x 12″, etc.) in landscape orientation.
- All artwork must be suitable for all audiences.
How to Enter
- Email a high quality photo or scan of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information in the body of the email. Each entry should be sent as a separate email.
- Student’s Name
- Student’s Age as of September 1, 2019
- Name of Homeschool where Student is Enrolled
- Parents’ Name
- Phone Number
The Fine Print
- Students must be between the ages of 6 and 18 as of September 1, 2019 AND enrolled in a private homeschool in California during the 19-20 school year.
- Students of CHEA Board of Directors, Regional Advisory Board, or staff are not eligible.
- While a first place winner will be selected and awarded the prize of $100 cash and a Family Registration to the 2020 CHEA Convention in Anaheim, CHEA staff reserves the right to select alternate artwork for the program cover.